Muhammed Zakir Hossain
M.B.A (DU), M.Sc(Sweden)
Assistant Professor & Coordinator (MBA Program)
Muhammed Zakir Hossain is currently working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Business Studies, State University of Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh. He completed MSc in Business and Economics from Karlstad Business School at Karlstad University in 2012 and MBA in Accounting and Information Systems from the University of Dhaka in 2003. During his teaching period, his 8-research article appeared in the Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research (IJIR), Journal of Service Science and Management, and Journal of Human Resource and Sustainability Studies. His research interest area in corporate governance and corporate social responsibility practices through audits of internal control systems
• Hossain, M.Z. and Islam, H. (2020) Operational Accountability and Responsibility in Practicing Corporate Governance and its Impact on Corporate Social Responsibility: A Study on DHL. Journal of SUB, Vol. 10, Issue 1 & 2, P 24-43
• Hossain, M. Z., Sayaka Zaman (2019) "Statistical Process Control (SPC) as a Tool for Measuring Customer Dissatisfaction Level and Service Process Improvement" Global Journal of Management and Business Research. Volume 19 Issue 3 Version 1.0, 29-36
• Hossain, M. Z., (2019) "Can Auditing Prevent Future Global Financial Crisis? What have we Learned from Global Financial Crisis?" Global Journal of Management and Business Research- Auditing and Accounting. Volume 19 Issue 2 Version 1.0, 25-31
• Hossain, M. Z. (2017). Building Sustainable Relationships through Customer Support Service in Telecommunication Industry. Global Journal of Management and Business Research. Volume 17 Issue 2 Version 1.0, 43-55
• Hossain, M.Z., Kibria, H. and Farhana, S. (2017) Do Customer Loyalty Programs Really Work in Airlines Business?―A Study on Air Berlin. Journal of Service Science and Management, 10, 360-375. https://doi.org/10.4236/jssm.2017.104029
• Tasnim, M., Hossain, M.Z. and Enam, F. (2017) Work-Life Balance: Reality Check for the Working Women of Bangladesh. Journal of Human Resource and Sustainability Studies, 5, 75- 86. https://doi.org/10.4236/jhrss.2017.51008
• Hossain, M.Z., Enam, F. and Farhana, S. (2017) Service Blueprint a Tool for Enhancing Service Qua- lity in Restaurant Business. American Journal of Industrial and Business Management, 7, 919-926. https://doi.org/10.4236/ajibm.2017.77065
• Hossain, M.Z., Tasnim, M. and Hasan, M.R. (2017) Is Quality Ensuring to Get Competitive Advantages in Auto Manufacturing Industries? ―A Study of Volvo Group. American Journal of Industrial and Business Management, 7, 48-68. http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/ajibm.2017.71005
• Hossain, M. Z., (2017) "Investigating Possibilities and Threats in Performing an Audit of Internal Control Systems - An Empirical Study on KPMG Company." Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research (IJIR) Vol-3, Issue-2, 2017 ISSN: 2454-1362
• Hossain, M. Z., Tasnim, M., and Enam, F. (2017) "The Art of Designing and Producing Product for Facing Global Challenges: A Study on Toyota Production System". "International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications (IJSRP), Volume 7, Issue 1, January 2017 Edition".
• Hossain, M.Z., Enam, F. and Hasan, M.R. (2016) The Role of Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility Practices in Organizational Excellence: The Case of Grameen Bank. Open Journal of Business and Management, 5, 119-130. http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/ojbm.2017.51011
• Hasan, M. R., Deng, S., Sultana, N., & Hossain, M. Z. (2021). The applicability of blockchain technology in healthcare contexts to contain COVID-19 challenges. Library Hi Tech.
• Hasan, M.R., Shiming, D., Islam, M.A. and Hossain, M.Z. (2020), "Operational efficiency effects of blockchain technology implementation in firms: Evidence from China", Review of International Business and Strategy, Vol. 30 No. 2, pp. 163-181. https://doi.org/10.1108/RIBS-05-2019-0069
• Hossain, M. Z., & Urme, U. N. (2022). Impact of Incentive Programs on Organizational Growth: A Case Study. ABC Research Alert, 10(1), 17-30. https://doi.org/10.18034/abcra.v10i1.600
• Hossain, M.Z. and Urme, U. N (2021) Significance of Corporate Governance in Banking Sector (ongoing project)
• Hossain, M.Z. and Islam, H. (2021) An Assessment into the Impact of Working from Home on Work-Life Balance during Lock-down (under review)
Awards & Achievements
• Currently serving as MBA Program Coordinator, joined on 1st January 2013 in the Department of Business Studies, State University of Bangladesh (SUB). Besides I was involved in Coordinating BBA program as a program Coordinator (2014-2015) and SUB Sports as a Coordinator (2016-2017)
• Served Center for Business Research, Deakin University, Australia from 4th January to 25th February, 2005 as a Research Assistant in the "Impact Assessment of ASA Micro-finance Programs" project. I was particularly involved in Conduct interview with NGO clients. Maintain co-ordination with the NGOs' district and branch offices. Organize interview schedule and Compilation and encoding data
• Served TMSS, a national NGO, as an Assistant Director from 2nd July 2003 to 31st December 2004 in the Department of Research, Evaluation, and Monitoring.