BFA and MFA in Drawing and Painting, Banaras Hindu University; Masters in Television, Film, and Photography, University of Dhaka
Mitali Ray has been working in the field of Film and Television since 2014. She got an ICCR scholarship in 2008 and completed her bachelor’s and Master’s in Fine Arts from Banaras Hindu University, India. In 2022, she completed her second master’s in ‘Television, Film, and Photography Studies’ from the University of Dhaka. She received a national grant for making her short fiction film ‘Durey’ for the budget year of 2019-2020 by the Ministry of Information, The Government of The People's Republic of Bangladesh. Her recent film was screened in many notable international film festivals and received the ‘Best international short film award’ from the Sweden Film Awards. Previously she worked at BBC Media Action as an assistant director and faculty moderator in the Department of Film and Television, Pathshala South Asian Media Institute. She is currently working as a lecturer at the State University of Bangladesh, Department of Journalism, communication, and media studies. Also, she is working as a freelance filmmaker and scriptwriter.
She also completed a course on film appreciation from FTII, Pune, in 2011 and a Women Filmmaker’s workshop under NFTI in Varanasi, India. She attended the Dhaka International Cine Workshop in 2017 and a Workshop on ‘Audiography for Cinema’ in 2018. She has made several short films. One of her films “Life of a Bird” was screened in the Tareque Masud Short Film Award competition, and a short documentary film “Food, Dhaka, Rasta” was screened at the 16th Dhaka International Film Festival.
Her another short film “AKKHAN” was selected as ‘Official Selection’ and 'Honorable Mention’ in Canada Shorts and in the 6th Human Rights Film Festival, Nepal. Her short film ‘Dear Bare Bears’ was screened at the 12th International Children’s Film Festival Bangladesh 2019.
- “ ঋত্বিক কুমার ঘটকের চলচ্চিত্রে সংগীত ; প্রসঙ্গ ‘কোমল গান্ধার’- মিতালী রায়, (ইনসাইড দ্যা ফ্রেম- মন্তাজ চলচ্চিত্র বিষয়ক প্রকাশন),
- ২০২২ ISBN: 978-984-35-3306-7 2022 Durey (Faraway) - a short film
- 2019 Dear Bare Bears - a short film
- 2018 Food,dhaka,rasta – a short documentary about street food of Dhaka
- 2017 MAA – a promotional video for Mother’s Day
- 2017 A promotional video for International Women’s Day
- 2017 Akkhan – short film
- 2015 Kumkum Hair Oil - voxpop for Ogilvy Bangladesh
- 2014 Life Of A Bird – short film
- 2014 Showpno- short film
- Awarded a national grant for making her short fiction film ‘Durey’ for the budget year of 2019-2020 by Ministry of Information, The Government of The People's Republic of Bangladesh.
- ICCR Scholarship in Painting in Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India. 2008-2012.