M.Sc. & B.Sc. Engineering in Food Engineering and Tea Technology (SUST)
Md Belal currently works as a Lecturer at the department of Food Engineering and Technology, State University of Bangladesh. He obtained M.Sc. in Food Engineering and Tea Technology in 2019 from Shahjalal University of Science and Technology. He completed B.Sc. in Food Engineering and Tea Technology in 2017 from the same university. He was awarded with the National Science and Technology (NST) Fellowship by the Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh for his Master’s thesis project. He Worked as a Research Assistant from July 2018 to June 2020 in a Project entitled of “Production of High Quality Tomato Powder Using Foam-Mat Drying Technique to Reduce Post-Harvest Loss” funded by Shahjalal University Research Center and conducted in the Laboratory of Food Engineering and Tea Technology, Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, Sylhet. He has Four publications regarding Physiochemical analysis of food, Food chemistry, Biochemical properties of food, Nutritional status and dietary habits of adolescent girls and two conference paper.
- Belal, M., Hossain, M. A., Mitra, S., & Zzaman, W. (2022). Effect of foaming agent concentration and foam stabilizer on the foaming capacity and physical properties of tomato powder at dried at different temperature: foam mat dried tomato powder. Journal of microbiology, biotechnology and food sciences, e4741-e4741.
- Hossain, M. A., Mitra, S., Belal, M., & Zzaman, W. (2021). Effect of foaming agent concentration and drying temperature on biochemical properties of foam mat dried Tomato powder. Food Research, 5(2). doi: 10.26656/fr.2017.5(1).372
- Razzak, A., Saha, P., Moazzem, S., Belal, M., Raza, A., Rani Roy, K., Haider, A., Numan, O., Abul Kalam, K., Zaman, W. (2020). Nutritional Status, Dietary Habits and Sanitation Practices of Adolescent Girls in Sunamganj District of Bangladesh. International Journal of Nutrition Sciences, 5(4), 197-211. doi: 10.30476/ijns.2020.88189.1092
- Microwave-Assisted Extraction and Characterization of Pectin from Citrus Fruit Wastes for Commercial Application. Food Research, 5 (5), 80 â€“ 88, doi: 10.26656/fr.2017.5(5).59
- Hossain, Mohammad Afzal, Zzaman, Wahidu, Mitra, Shawn, Belal, Md., 2019 (Oral). Effect of Concentration of Foaming Agent, Foam Stabilizer and Drying Temperature on the Physicochemical Properties of Foam Mat Dried Tomato Powder, 3rd International Conference on Food, Nutrition, Health and Lifestyle â€™19 (NutriCon 2019), 07 - 08 November 2019, Bangkok, Thailand.
- S. Mitra, M. A. Hossain, W. Zaman, & M. Belal. 2019 (Oral). Effect of concentrations of foaming agent and drying temperatures on biochemical properties of foam mat dried tomato powder. The 16th International Scientific Conference (ISCon-XVI), 2019, October 19-20. Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
Ultrasound Assisted Extraction and
Characterization of Pectin from Fruit Peel
Production of Foam Mat Dried Tomato Powder
Awards and Achievement:
- Got R & D Project on a Title “Ultrasound-Assisted Extraction and Characterization of Pectin from Fruit Peel” from Ministry of Science and Technology.
- Represented the Blue Force team of UNICEF Bangladesh in the Covid-19 Response Task Force of the Global Volunteer Initiative (GVI) of UNICEF Global team based in New York, USA.
- Got NST Fellowship given by the Ministry of Science and Technology in 2020. Serial no. 275 Reg. no. 48
- Shahjalal University of Science & Technology Undergraduate Academic Scholarship for three times for outstanding academic result
- Organizer, Food Olympiad 2019, Shahjalal University of Science and Technology