Md. Mirazul Islam
Assistant Professor & Coordinator (B. Pharm.)
M. pharm (DU)
Md. Mirazul Islam is currently working as an Assistant Professor at the Department of Pharmacy, State University of Bangladesh (SUB). Parallelly, he is holding the post of B. Pharm. Coordinator, Department of Pharmacy, State University of Bangladesh. He has completed his Bachelor of Pharmacy (Professional) and Master of Pharmacy Degrees from the Department of Pharmacy and Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Dhaka, respectively. He was awarded the National Science and Technology (NST) Fellowship (2017) by the Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh for his graduate thesis research. He has an “Advanced Training on Solid Oral Processes and Equipment” from ACG Pharma Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Shirwal, Maharashtra, India. Md. Mirazul Islam has prior experience in teaching as a Lecturer at the ASA University Bangladesh, Dhaka. He has also two year work experience in Eskayef Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Tongi, Gazipur as a Development Pharmacist at the Research & Development Department. His research interest includes extraction, isolation and characterization of pharmacologically active compounds from medicinal plants and evaluation of pharmacological activities of natural compounds derived from natural sources through in-vivo, in-vitro and in-silico approaches. He has also keen interest on formulation and evaluation of different pharmaceutical dosage form.
- Islam, M., Jannat, T., Kuddus, M.R., Rashid M.A., & Haque, M.R.. In vitro and in vivo evaluation of pharmacological potentials of Campsis radicans L. Clin Phytosci 5, 42 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1186/s40816-019-0144-9
- Haque, M.R., Islam, M. & Kuddus, M.R. In vitro and in vivo evaluation of pharmacological potential of Begonia barbata Wall. Futur J Pharm Sci 6, 112 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1186/s43094-020-00129-8
- Islam, M., Kuddus, M. R., Rashid, M. A., & Haque, M. R.. (2020). Phytochemical investigations of Campsis radicans L. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Research, 8(3), 55-59. https://doi.org/10.18231/j.joapr.2020.v.8.i.3.55.59
- Saha T, Kawsar MH, Islam MK, Alam S, Islam M, Hakim N, Hossain MJ. Quantitative and Qualitative Estimation of Marketed Naproxen Tablets Available in Bangladesh. Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal. 2022 Jul 30;25(2):175-9.
- Zaman, A., Hasnat, H., Al Noman, Z., Islam, M.M., Al Nakib, A., Mukherjee, S., Saha, K., Ahmed, N.U., Ashrafi, S., Saha, T. and Islam, M.A., 2023. Exploring Pharmacological Potentials of p-Coumaric Acid: A Prospective Phytochemical for Drug Discovery. Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal, 26(2), pp.185-194.
- Hasnat, H., Shompa, S.A., Richi, F.T., Islam, M.M., Suman, M.H., Ahmed, N.U., Ashrafi, S., Zaman, A., Saha, T., Islam, M.A. and Alam, S., 2023. Bioactive Secondary Metabolites to Combat Diabetic Complications: Evidenced from in Silico Study. Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal, 26(2), pp.167-184.