Lecturer & Student Counselor
M. Pharm. (DU)
Saimon Shahriar completed his schooling from Ideal School and College securing the first position, and completed his HSC from the prestigious Notre Dame College exhibiting the same excellence in academics. In spite of, during admission tests, securing the 26th position in BUET, the 1st position in BUTEX and getting into Sir Salimullah Medical College, he chose Pharmacy through securing the 2nd position at DU admission test to pursue his life-long dream of inventing a new drug. During his days as an undergrad student in the Department of Pharmacy, University of Dhaka, he demonstrated his leadership qualities by being the founding general secretary of Dhaka University Pharma Club (DUPC) and the founding president of the AAPS student chapter of University of Dhaka. He also received numerous honorable awards and scholarships throughout his student life including National Board Scholarship for HSC result in 2014, Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Society Scholarship in 2017 & 2018, Bangladesh American Pharmacists Association Scholarship in 2017, Champion- Intra-university Pharma Olympiad at the event of World Pharmacists Day held at DU in 2018, Champion- Intra-university Poster presentation competition on World Pharmacists Day in 2020, Champion (Gold)- Chemical Metrology Olympiad held at BCSIR organized by BRiCM in 2019. Besides, he achieved the most prestigious Dean’s Award in 2019 for outstanding result in B. Pharm. (Professional).
He completed his B. Pharm. (Professional) degree with an outstanding result of cGPA 3.98 out of 4.00. Later he completed his M. Pharm. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry summa cum laude with cGPA 4.00 out of 4.00. Alongside alluring academics, he has training experiences in the hospital field from Dhaka Medical College and Hospital for six months and industrial training from Square Pharmaceuticals Limited. He published a diverse number of research articles in various notable journals. His research interest includes extraction, isolation and characterization of pharmacologically active compounds, synthesis and characterization of pharmacologically active compounds, pharmaceutical analysis of potential and existing drug compounds, molecular mechanism of drug activities and public health research. He also attended countless seminars and workshops which include a workshop on ‘EHS Compliance Management in Workplace’ organized by QHSE Solution BD in January 2019 and a poster presentation titled ‘Anxiolytic, Antidepressant and Thrombolytic Potential of Achyranthes aspera L. Aerial Parts: in-vivo, in-vitro and in-silico Techniques’ at the 7th Convention of Society for ethnopharmacology, India and International Symposium on ‘Combating COVID-19-ethnopharmacology & Traditional Food and Medicine’ held at Institute of Bioscience and Sustainable development, Takyelpat, Imphal, Manipur, India during December 2020.
- Alma S, Tamme UT, Jaman AU, Uddin MN, Shahriar S, Rashid MA. Evaluation of Antioxidant, Cytotoxic, Thrombolytic and Membrane Stabilizing Activities of Canna indica L. Leaves (Family: Cannaceae). Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal. 2023 Aug 8;26(2):162-6.
- Akter SM, Bhowmik SC, Alam M, Shahriar S, Saha T, Pathan MS. Formulation and Estimation of Rapidly Dissolving Sublingual Thin Film of Vildagliptin. Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal. 2023 Aug 8;26(2):212-8.
- Sultana A, Mim SR, Saha A, Yesmin F, Tahsin MR, Bahar NB, Fatema KR, Shahriar S, Prattay KM, Rabbi F, Noushin F. Assessing the Self-reported After Events Following Immunization of COVID-19 Vaccines in Turkey and Bangladesh. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 2023 Apr;30(16):47381-93.
- Ema NJ, Hossain SR, Shahriar S, Islam MR, Chowdhury JA. Development of Resistant Starch-Pectin Microsphere for Improving Oral Colon-specific Drug Delivery of 5-Fluorouracil. Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal. 2023 Jan 31;26(1):36-44.
- Kabir M, Tipu MF, Islam MA, Shahriar S, Amin A, Khan L, Kabir MA, Chowdhury AA. In vitro Study of Antioxidant Potentials, and Thrombolytic Activity of the Leaves of Delonix regia (Family: Fabaceae). Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal. 2023 Jan 31;26(1):73-8.
- Shahriar S, Jaman AU, Saha S, Islam MS, Islam MR, Saha B, Sikder MA, Rashid MA. Comparison of Antimicrobial and Membrane Stabilizing Properties of Leaf and Stem Extracts of Derris scandens (Roxb.) Benth.(Family: Fabaceae). Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal. 2023 Jan 31;26(1):67-72.
- Jaman AU, Akhter S, Shahriar S, Hawlader MB, Islam M, Rashid MA. Evaluation of Analgesic, Antioxidant, Cytotoxic and Thrombolytic Potential of Stachytarpheta cayennensis (Rich.) Vahl Leaves. Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal. 2023 Jan 31;26(1):45-50.
- Koly SF, Munira MS, Zaman S, Shahriar S, Amran MS, Chowdhury AA. Development and Validation of a UV-spectroscopic Method for the Analysis of Black Plum in Marketed Preparations Using Ethanol as a Solvent. Biomedical and Pharmacology Journal. 2022; 15(1): 157-64. DOI: 10.13005/bpj/2351
- Hossain MJ, Ahmmed F, Sarker MMR, Sarwar S, Bari MS, Khan MR, Shahriar S, Rafi MO, Emran TB, Mitra S, Islam MR, Mohamed IN. Factors Associated With Underprivileged E-Learning, Session Jam Phobia, and the Subsequent Mental Distress Among Students Following the Extended University Closure in Bangladesh. Frontiers in Public Health. 2022; 9:807474. DOI: 10.3389/fpubh.2021.807474
- Islam MA, Shahriar S, Hossain T, Sikdar KY, Al Hossain AM, Sarkar MR, Ali MS. In vitro Antioxidant and In vivo Analgesic Activities of Citrullus lanatus Rind and Flesh Extract: A Comparison. Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal. 2022; 25(1): 67-72. DOI: 10.3329/bpj.v25i1.57842
- Shahriar S, Sarker MMR, Soma MA, Jannat T, Mina ST, Rahman R, Rahman MS, Rashid MA. Potential of Prospective Medicinal Plants of Bangladesh for the Complementary Management of COVID-19. Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal. 2022; 25(1): 89-114. DOI: 10.3329/bpj.v25i1.57845
- Sultana A, Shahriar S, Tahsin MR, Mim SR, Fatema KR, Saha A, Yesmin F, Bahar NB, Samodder M, Mamun MAH, Rahman MA, Ferdousy S, Akter T, Aktar F, Kuddus MR, Rahman MM, Sarker MMR, Büyüker SM, Chowdhury JA, Chowdhury AA, Kabir S, Hossain MA, Amran MS. A Retrospective Cross-Sectional Study Assessing Self-Reported Adverse Events Following Immunization (AEFI) of the COVID-19 Vaccine in Bangladesh. Vaccines. 2021; 9(10): 1090. DOI: 10.3390/vaccines9101090
- Emon NU, Rudra S, Alam S, Al Haidar IK, Paul S, Richi FT, Shahriar S, Sayeed MA, Tumpa NI, Ganguly A. Chemical, Biological And Protein-Receptor Binding Profiling of Bauhinia scandens L. Stems Provide New Insights into the Management of Pain, Inflammation, Pyrexia and Thrombosis. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy. 2021; 143(1): 112185. DOI: 10.1016/j.biopha.2021.112185
- Hossain MJ, Islam MS, Shahriar S, Sanam S, Emran TB, Khatun CS, Islam MR, Mitra S, Dhama K. Comedication Of Rabeprazole Sodium Causes Potential Drug-Drug Interaction with Diabetic Drug Linagliptin: In-Vitro and In-Silico Approaches. Journal of Experimental Biology and Agricultural Sciences. 2021; 9(4): 528-42. DOI: 10.18006/2021.9(4).528.542
- Shahriar S, Koly FJ. A Cross-Sectional Study on Bangladeshi Students Regarding Physiological Challenges of Online Education. Pharmacy Education. 2021; 21(1): 267-75. DOI: 10.46542/pe.2021.211.267275
- Islam MM, Shahriar S, Koly FJ, Kabir S, Chowdhury AA, Chowdhury JA, Tahsin MR, Amran MS. A Cross-Sectional Pilot Study on COVID-19 Disease Pattern, Recovery Status and Effect of Co-Morbidities in Bangladesh. African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 2021; 15(5): 84-91. DOI: 10.5897/AJPP2021.5228
- Koly FJ, Shahriar S, Sayeed S, Islam A, Amran MS. A Cross-Sectional Pilot Study on Paracetamol Consumption Patterns among the Students Residing in the Urban Areas of Bangladesh. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2021; 13(3): 1-8. DOI: 10.31838/ijpr/2021.13.03.002
- Koly SF, Chowdhury AA, Shahriar S, Amran MS. Development And Validation of an Ultra-Violet Spectroscopic Analytical Method for Analysis of Amlaki in Marketed Preparation Using Methanol as A Solvent. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2021; 13(2): 2535-42. DOI: 10.31838/ijpr/2021.13.02.315
- Shahriar S, Rana MS, Hossain M, Karim A, Mredula TN, Nourin N, Uddin MS, Amran MS. COVID-19: Epidemiology, Pathology, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Impact. Current Pharmaceutical Design. 2021; 27(33): 3502-25. DOI: 10.2174/1381612827666210224142446
- Alam S, Emon NU, Shahriar S, Richi FT, Haque MR, Islam MN, Sakib SA, Ganguly A. Pharmacological and Computer-aided Studies Provide New Insights into Millettia peguensis Ali (Fabaceae). Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal. 2020; 28(12): 1777-90. DOI: 10.1016/j.jsps.2020.11.004
- Shahriar S, Chowdhury AA, Amran MS, Chowdhury JA. Tablet Splitting Performance Evaluation of Losartan Potassium and Olmesartan Medoxomil IR Tablets Marketed in Bangladesh. Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal. 2020; 23(2): 146-54. DOI: 10.3329/bpj.v23i1.48335
- Dean’s Award in 2019 for outstanding result in B. Pharm. (Professional)
- University Merit Scholarship (Talent Pool) in 2019 Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Society Scholarship in 2017 and 2018
- Bangladesh American Pharmacists Association Scholarship in 2017
- Badrunnesa Gafur Memorial Trust Scholarship in 2018
- Champion (Gold Winner) in Chemical Metrology Olympiad 2019 organized by Designated Reference Institute for Chemical Measurements (DRiCM), Bangladesh Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (BCSIR)
- Winner (1st position) in Poster Presentation Competition, 10th World Pharmacists Day Celebration in 2020 organized by Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Dhaka
- Champion in Pharma Olympiad at Pharma Fest 2019 organized by North South University Pharmaceutical Club and Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, North South University
- Champion in Pharma Olympiad, 8th World Pharmacists Day Celebration in 2019 organized by Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Dhaka
- 1st Runner-up in Pharma Olympiad at Pharma Fiesta 2018 organized by Department of Pharmacy, University of Asia Pacific
- 2nd Runner-up in Poster Presentation Competition, 9th World Pharmacists Day Celebration in 2019 organized by Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Dhaka
- Founding General Secretary of Dhaka University Pharma Club (DUPC)
- Founding President of AAPS (American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists) University of Dhaka Student Chapter
And numerous achievements in local and national olympiads and other competitions at college and school levels