M. Engg. (BUET) M. Sc. (CVASU); B. Sc. (HSTU) Lecturer & Academic Coordinator
Engineer Md. Asaduzzaman is the coordinator of the Department of Food Engineering & Technology. He has more than three years of teaching at the State University of Bangladesh and research and three years of industrial and administrative experience in different renowned food industries such as Islam group (Aftab Bahumukhi Farms Limited) and Akij Food and Beverage industries. He obtained his M. Eng. in Advance Engineering Management from the Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology. He obtained another M.Sc. in Food Processing and Engineering from Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University and B.Sc. in Food and Process Engineering from Hajee Mohammad Danesh Science and Technology University. He was awarded with the National Science and Technology (NST) Fellowship by the Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh for his bachelor’s thesis project. He has several research publications in international research journals. He worked as an Associate investigator in Two Research Grants (Special Allocation for the economic year 2019-2020 and 2020-2021) from the Ministry of Science and Technology, People’s Republic of Bangladesh. As a guest reviewer, he is working with Food Analytical Methods, Trends in Sciences (Walailak University), Journal of Advances in Mathematics and Computer Science, Journal of Agriculture and Ecology Research International, Asian Journal of Medical Principles and Clinical Practice, American Journal of Food Technology, Journal of Advances in Biology & Biotechnology. His research interests are antioxidants, pigments, minimization of post-harvest losses of fruits and utilization of food wastes.
- Degradation kinetics of lycopene from red amaranth, preparation of winter melon jelly using this lycopene and comparison with commercial jelly
- Quantification of potentially bioactive compounds from medicinal plants in Bangladesh
- Assessment of quality and shelf life of fresh-cut pineapple (ananas comosus) coated with Aloe vera and honey
- Physico-chemical and phytochemical properties of Aloe vera filmed GUAVA (Psidium guajava) at different storage conditions
- Management of Chilli leaf curl virus (chlcv) by using natural products, bioagent and insecticide under field condition
- Development of appetizer (spiced squash) from local fruits and its quality evaluation during storage
- Removing microorganisms utilizing magnetic, irradiation and electroporation
- Global Food Safety Initiative - A Easy Tool to Achieve International Certificate - A case Study
- Microbiological hazard analysis of public health for low-income people
- Effect of freeze-thaw pretreatment on yield and quality of mustard seed oil
- A study on the Physico-chemical properties of banana powder during storage.
- Nutritional value and food safety issue of street foods (Yogurt, Chotpoti and Salad dressing) available in Chittagong area: public health importance.
- A study on the Physico-chemical properties of papaya juice during storage.
- Assessment of extraction processes, colour properties, degradation kinetics of anthocyanin from the peel of eggplant (solanum melongena) and its use for making of guava jelly.
- Consumers’ attitude towards online advertisement.
- Measuring the impact of brand crediting on consumers
- 2022 - Effects of addition of dried sweet potato peels powder on the quality characteristics of cupcakes Sorifa, A., Rahman, M., Asaduzzaman, M. Annual Research & Review in Biology
- 2022 - Cost Benefit Analysis of Fire Safety Systems in the Ready-Made Garment Industry: A Case Study Md. Asaduzzaman Annals of Burns and Fire Disasters, 35 (2), 137-151.
- 2022 - Lycopene-A Review: Chemistry, Source, Health Role, Extraction, Applications Asaduzzaman, M. Annual Research & Review in Biology, 37(2), pp.11-24.
- 2021 - The Implementation of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) Plan for Chicken Nugget Plant. Asaduzzaman, M. Asian Food Science Journal, 20(5), pp.11-24.
- 2020 - Comparisons of proximate composition sensory evolution physiochemical total phenol flavanoid content and Antioxidant effect of mixed fruit bar from mango pineapple and papaya. Asaduzzaman, M., Hasan, N., Begum, K. IJSER, 11(10), pp.509-530.
- 2019 - Potential Allelopathic Candidates for Land Use and Possible Sustainable Weed Management in South Asian Ecosystem. Begum, K., Shammi, M., Hasan, N., Asaduzzaman, M. and Fujii, Y. Sustainability, 11(9), p.2649.
- 2014 - Adoption of Salt tolerant variety in the Coastal areas of Bangladesh. Khandker, S., Begum, K., Hasan, N., Sarker, S.C., Asaduzzaman, M. Applied Science Reports, 8(1), pp.13-20.
- 2014 - Evaluation of Brinjal Cultivars (Solanum Melongena) Against Root- Knot Nematode Meloidogyne Spp. Begum, K., Hasan, N., Asaduzzaman, M. and Akhtar, N. Applied Science Reports, 7(3), pp.129-134
- 2013 - Comparisons of physiochemical, total phenol, flavonoid content and functional properties in six cultivars of aromatic rice in Bangladesh. Asaduzzaman, M., Haque, M.E., Rahman, J., Hasan, S.K., Ali, M.A., Akter, M.S. and Ahmed, M. African Journal of Food Science, 7(8), pp.198-203.
Awards & Achievements
- Inter-University Innovative Software Expo in IT Festival 2010 Received first prize for innovative software project
- Software Exhibition in IT Festival 2009 Received the second prize for innovative software project
- 7 th Bangladesh and 4 th SAARC Jamboree 2004 Successful participation
- Development of baked cakes using sweet potato peels powders. (Associate investigator) Research project No: ES 395 (Economic year: 2019-2020)
- Development of snacks and cookies by using pumpkin seeds and peels. (Associate investigator) Research project No: ES 382 (Economic year: 2020-2021)