B.Sc. & M.Sc. from (SUST)
Lecturer (On Study Leave)
Rana Das is working as a lecturer at the department of Food Engineering & Technology. He earned his B.Sc. degree in Food Engineering and Tea Technology from Shahjalal University of Science and Technology in 2013. He has also completed M.Sc. in 2015 from the same university. His area of research include: Functional ingredients in foods, particular interests include Phytochemical extraction, Bioactivity assay (e.g. Antioxidant). Project Funded by University Research Center 1. Production of Probiotic Fruit Juices from Seasonal Fruits Available in Bangladesh by Lactic Acid Bacteria. 2. Determination of Optimum Fermentation Time during Black Tea Manufacturing in Bangladesh.
1. Rahman, M.M., Das, R., Hoque, M.M. and Zzaman,W. 2015. Effect of freeze drying on antioxidant activity and phenolic contents of Mango (Mangifera indica). International Food Research Journal . 22(2): 854-858.
2. Rahman, M.M., Khan, F.E., Das, R. and Hoque, M.M. 2016. Antioxidant activity and total phenolic content of some indigenous fruits of Sylhet, Bangladesh. International Food Research Journal. 23(6): 2399-2404.
3. Faik, R., Das, R., Bo, J., Mu, W. and Hassanin, H. 2019. Cloning, purification and characterization of a novel recombinant trehalose synthase (tres) from acidiplasma sp. mba-1. Journal of Microbiology, Biotechnology and Food Sciences. 8(6) : 1298-1302.
4. Rahman, M., Hossain, M., Das, R., & Ahmad, I. 2020. Changes in phytochemicals and determination of optimum fermentation time during Black Tea manufacturing. Journal of Scientific Research, 12(4):657-664.
5. Roy, M. , Haque, S. , Das, R. , Sarker, M. , Al Faik, M. and Sarkar, S. 2020. Evaluation of Physicochemical Properties and Antioxidant Activity of Wheat-Red Kidney Bean Biscuits. World Journal of Engineering and Technology , 8, 689-699.
6. Das, R. , Sarker, M. , Lata, M. , Islam, M. , Al Faik, M. and Sarkar, S. 2020. Physicochemical Properties and Sensory Evaluation of Sponge Cake Supplemented with Hot Air and Freeze Dried Oyster Mushroom (Pleurotus sajor-caju). World Journal of Engineering and Technology, 8, 665-674.
Project Funded by University Research Center (Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, Sylhet, Bangladesh).
1. Production of probiotic fruit juices from seasonal fruits available in Bangladesh by lactic acid bacteria.