Shamsun Nahar Proma
Geography & Environment, BS & MS, University of Dhaka
I am Geographer with expertise in Climatology and Urban Environmental Management. My most analysis tools are geospatial and statistical related software such as ArcGIS, Erdas Imagine, PIX4D, SARscape. I also have training and experience with qualitative & quantitative methods. Currently, my primary focus is on Mosquitoes population controls in the context of CC, Agriculture inspection with the help of UAV Technology, & Sustainable Waste Management. I also look forward to my research into new areas.
- Baser, S., Nahar, S., & Rahman, M. M. (2021). Inequality in Household Resources and Amenities in Dhaka City: The Case of Dhanmondi, Pallabi, and Kallayanpur. The Dhaka University Journal of Earth and Environmental Sciences, 9(1), 49–62.
- Paper presented on Inequality in Household Resources and Neighborhood Amenities in Dhaka City: A Case of Dhanmondi And Kollayanpur in the National Conferences on Resource Management Sustainability and Climate Change, 2019
- Paper presented on Utilization of Trash with The Informal Trash Pickers in The International Conference on Earth and Environmental Science of Technology for Sustainable Development (ICEEST), 2020.
- The Trash Pickers at Roadside: Outlining the Livelihood and Trash Utilization (Thesis)
Awards & Achievements
- National Science & Technology Fellowship-2019
- Dhaka University Merit Scholarship