Papers presented in conferences/seminars
- Chowdhury R. Ahsan, Kohinur Begum, and Kaisar A. Talukder. Enterotoxic, Neurotoxic and Cytotoxic Effects Demonstrated by Shiga Toxin (2d) Producing Escherichia coli in Experimental Models. Bangladesh Med Res Counc Bull 2020; 46:41-47
- Kohinu Begum, Mashmum Shababa Shahid, Sanzida Ferdoush and Farjahan Nur. Phenotypic Identification and Antifungal Susceptibility of Two Rhodotorula Species Isolated from Dandruff Samples Dhaka University Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2020. 19(2): 185-190.
- Kohinur Begum, Farjahan Nur and Mashmum Shababa Shahid. Isolation and characterization of Malasezzia Species from Dandruff Samples and Determination of its Sensitivity Towards Antifungal Agents. Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal. 2019. 22(2): 146-152.
- Kohinur Begum, Mashmum Shababa Shahid and Reza-ul Jalil. Topical Nanoemulsion of Rifampicin with Benzoic Acid and Salicylic Acid:Activity Against Staphylococcus aureus, Stap. epidermis and Candida albicans. Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal. 2019. 22(1): 1-6.
- Tanzira Irin, Farjahan Nur, Kohinur Begum. Health Benefits of Probiotics from Fermented Foods in Bangladesh. ASA University Review. 2018. 12(2): 99-109.
- Farjahan Nur, Ummay Kulsum Libra, Prova Rowsan, Md. Abul Kalam Azad and Kohinur Begum. Assessment of Bacterial Contamination of Dried Herbs and Spices Collected from Street Markets in Dhaka. Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal. 2018. 21(2): 96-100.
- Kohinur Begum, Sultana Juhara Mannan, Refaya Rezwan, Md. Mahinur Rahman, Md. Shajidur Rahman and Alam Nur-E-Kamal. Isolation and Characterization of Bacteria with Biochemical and Pharmacological Importance from Soil Samples of Dhaka City. Dhaka University Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2017. 16(1): 129-136.
- Sultana Juhara Mannan, Refaya Rezwan, Md. Shajidur Rahman and Kohinur Begum. Isolation and Biochemical Characterization of Lactobacillus species from Yogurt and Cheese samples in Dhaka Metropolitan Area. Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal. 2017. 20(1): 27-33.
- Kohinur Begum, Sultana Juhara Mannan, Md Mahinur Rahman, Mitchel-Antoine A, Opoku R, et al. Identification of Antibiotic Producing Bacteria from Soil Samples of Dhaka, Bangladesh. 2017. Journal of Microbiology and Experimentation. 4(6): 00134
- Kohinur Begum, Sultana Juhara Mannan and Aliza Ahmed. Antibiotic Resistance, Plasmids and Integron Profile of Salmonella Species Isolated from Poultry Farm and Patients. Dhaka University Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2016.15(2): 209-214.
- Kohinur Begum, Amit Sarker, Israt Jahan Shimu, Md. Mazharul Islam Chowdhury and Reza-ul Jalil. Characterization of Nanoemulsion Prepared from Self-emulsifying Rifampicin and its Antibacterial Effect on Staphylococcus aureus and Stap. Epidermidis Isolated from Acne. Dhaka University Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2015. 14(2): 171-177.
- Kohinur Begum, Ashfia Fatima Khan, Humayera Kabir Hana, Jakaria Sheak and Reza-ul Jalil. Rifampicin Niosome: preparations, characterizations and antibacterial activity against Staphylococcus aureus and Staphylococcus epidermidis isolated from acne. Dhaka University Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2015. 14(1):117-123.
- Ashfia Fatima Khan, Humayera Kabir Hana, Jakaria Sheak and Kohinur Begum. Antibiotic sensitivity of Staphylococcus aureus and Shaphylococcus epidermidis isolated from acne patients. Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal. 2015.18(2):121-125.
- Chand Sultana Khatun, Ashraful Islam, M. Ashraf Ali, Feroze Hassan, Khadiza Begum, M. Moshiur Rahman and Kohinur Begum. Antibacterial, Antidiabetic and Lipid Lowering Effects of Ethanolic Extract of Ipomoea aquatic. Bangladesh J Microbiol. 2012.29(2):50-54.
- Chand Sultana Khatun, M. Ripon Mia, M. Ashraf Ali, M. Moshiur Rahman, Khadiza Begum and Kohinur Begum. Antidiabetic and Analgesic Effects of Glycosmis Pentaphylla (Retz.) in Swiss Albino Mice. Ibrahim Medical College Journal. 2012.6(1):21-26.
- Kohinur Begum, Sanjida Haque, Tarikul Islam, Jeb-Un Nessa, Zakir Hossain Sarker and Khadiza Begum. Factors Related to Acute Asthma Attack and Treatment. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science and Research 2012.3(8):2603-2606.
- Ashraf Ali, H. Ahmid, M. C. S. Khatun, A.K. Azad, K. Begum and MI I Wahid. Anti hyperglysemic and analgesic activities of ethanolic extract of Cassia fistula (L) stem bark. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science and Research.2012.3 (2):416-423.
- Begum, K. begum, ZH Sarker, MRK Dewan and MJH Siddique. Lipid profile status of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in hospitalized patients. Bangladesh Journal of Medical Biochemistry. 2010. 2:42-45.
- Kohinur Begum, Tanvir Ahmed Reza, et al. Isolation, identification and antibiotic resistence pattern of Salmonella Spp. from chicken eggs, intestines and environmental samples. Bangladesh Pharm. J. 2010. 13(1):23-27.
- Ishrat Jahan Azmi, Ahmed Khandaker Ahtesham, Kohinur Begum, Ijaz Ahmed, M. Khalid Ijaz, David A. Sack, Alejandro Cravioto, Alam Nur-E-Kamal and Talukder KA. Characterization of a novel group of Shigella flexneri 1c strains exhibiting cytotoxic activity against mammalian cells. International Journal of infectious Diseases 2008;12.589
- Masum Mia, Mohammad S. Rahman, Kohinur Begum, Bilkis Begum and Mohammad A. Rashid. Phytochemical and biological studies of Averrhoa carambola. Dhaka Univ.J.Pharm.Sci.2007. 6(2):125-128.
- Kohinur Begum, Chowdhury R. Ahsan, Mohammad Ansaruzzaman, Dilip K. Dutta, Qazi S. Ahmad and Kaisar A. Talukder. Toxin(s) other than cholera toxin, produced by environmental non O1 non O139 Vibrio cholerae. Cellular & Molecular Immunology 2006. 3(2): 115-121.
- Kohinur Begum, Mohiuddin A. Quadir and Rudmila Farha. Study of Moisture Absorption Rate and Morphological Changes of Ranitidine Tablets. Bangladesh Pharm. J. 2003. 12(4), 23-26.
- Kohinur Begum, Chowdhury R. Ahsan, Qazi Shafi Ahmad and Kaisar A. Talukder. Cytotoxin Activity of Vibrio cholera non O1 non O139 isolated from surface water in Bangladesh. Bangladesh Pharm. J. 2002. 12(2), 23-25.
- Kohinur Begum, Chowdhury R. Ahsan and Kaisar A. Talukder. Plasmid profile and antibiotic resistance pattern of Vibrio cholera non O1 non O139 isolated from Environment in Bangladesh. Bangladesh Pharm. J. 2002. 12(1), 25-30.
- Kohinur Begum, M. Rezaul Karim, Anowara Begum and Chowdhury R. Ahsan. Isolation of Non O1 Non O139 Vibrio Cholerae From Environmental Sources In Dhaka City. Bangladesh J. Microbiol. 2000.17(1):10l-103.
- F. Bloomfield, M. Arthur, K. Begum and H. Patel. Comparative testing of disinfectants using proposed European surface test methods. Letters In Applied Microbiology. 1993. 17:119-125.
- F. Bloomfield, M. Arthur, B. Looney, K. Begum and H. Patel. Comparative Testing Of Disinfectant And Antiseptic Products Using Proposed European Suspension Testing Methods. Letters In Applied Microbiology. 1991. 13: 233-237
- Chowdhury M. Hasan, SK. Nazrul Islam, Kohinur Begum, Muhammad Ilias, and Anwar Hussain. Antibacterial Activity of the leaves and Stem Barks of Cassia alata L. Bangladesh J. Bot. 1988. 17(2):135-139.
Ph. D dissertation
- Kohinur Begum et al. Investigation of drug resistance pattern of Salmonella species isolated from poultry eggs in Bangladesh. Presented (poster) in 2nd AFSSA Conference on Food Safety and Security at Dong Nai University of Technology, Vietnam in August 15-17, 2014.
- Kohinur Begum et al. Antibacterial effect of Rifampicin niosome on Staphylococcus epidermidis isolated from Acne. American Society for Microbiology (ASM) Satellite Meeting, 12 February 2014.
- Ashfia Fatima Khan, Humayera Kabir Hana, Jakaria Sheak, Shaila Eamen and Kohinur Begum. Antibiotic Sensitivity of Bacteria isolated from Acne" presented in ASM workshop, icddr,b. 16th February 2013.
- MCS Khatun, MR Mia, MA Ali, MM Rahman, K Begum and K Begum. Antidiabetic and Analgesic Effects of Glycosmis Pentaphylla (Retz.) in Swiss Albino Mice. 7th National convention 2011of Bangladesh Society of Medical Biochemists. p 38, 7-8 January 2012 Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Ishrat J. Azmi, Ahmed Ahtesam, Kohinur Begum, Gopinath B Nair, R. Bradly Sack, , David A. Sack, Alejandro Cravioto, Alam Nur-E-Kamal and Kaisar A. A cell culture model for the identification of Neurotoxic principles in Bacteria: ide notification of a Neurotoxic Factor(s) in Shigella flexneri. ). 26th annual conference, Bangladesh Society of Microbiologist, January 2012, p- 68.
- Kohinur Begum, Ishrat J.Azmi, Dilip K. Dutta, Enamul Kabir, Chowdhury R. Ahsan, M. Aminul Islam, Alejandro Cravioto, Alam Nur-E-Kamal and Kaisar A. Talukder. Enterotoxic and Paralyitic-Lethal Effects of Shiga Toxin (Stx2D) Produced by an Escherichia coli. 5th International Conference on Microbiology of Food, Health & Environment: Problems and Prospects in Developing Countries, December, 2010 p-58, University of Dhaka-1000.
- Talukder KA, Ishrat Jahan Azmi, Ahmed Khandaker Ahtesham, Kohinur Begum, Ijaz Ahmed, Hubert P Endtz, David A. Sack, Alejandro Cravioto and Alam Nur-E-Kamal. Characterization of a novel group of Shigella flexneri 1c strains exhibiting cytotoxic activity against mammalian cells. Presented in 12th ASCOD, p-89, May 25-27, 2009, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- Kohinur Begum, Ishrat J. Azmi, Enamul Kabir, Choudhury R. Ahsan, Dilip K. Dutta, M. Aminul Islam,Alejandro Cravioto1, Alam Nur-E-Kamal4, and Talukder KA. Cytotoxic, enterotoxic and paralytic-lethal effects of Shiga toxin (Stx2d) producing Escherichia coli isolated from a patient in Bangladesh. Presented in 12th annual scientific conference (ASCON), February 10-12, 2009, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Tanvir Ahmed Reza, Margia Haque, F. M. Kabirul Hassan, Akil Hossain and Kohinur Begum. Isolation, identification and antibiotic resistance pattern of Salmonella Spp. From chicken eggs. Conference Proceedings of 17th Annual Conference of the Bangladesh Society of Microbiologist. 28th June, 2008. Department of Microbiology, University of Dhaka-1000, pp 31.
- Kohinur Begum, M. Aminul Islam, Ishrat J. Azmi, Dilip K. Dutta, Enamul Kabir, Choudhury R. Ahsan, Alam Nur-E-Kamal, G. Balakrish Nair, David A. Sack and Kaisar A. Talukder Culture supernatant concentrates of Shiga toxin (Stx2d)-producing Escherichia coli provoked fluid accumulation in Rabbit ileal loops. In 11th Annual Scientific Conference (XI ASCON), p-197, March 4-6, 2007, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Rezaul Karim, Kohinur Begum and Chowdhury R. Ahsan. A comparative Study of Extracellular Products of Vibrio cholera O1 and environmental non O1 non O139 Strains. Conference Proceedings of 17th Annual Conference of the Bangladesh Society of Microbiologist. July 27, 2000. Department of Microbiology, University of Dhaka-1000, pp
Activation of DNA damage signaling of Shiga toxin(s) in Mammalian cells. Dhaka University, 2009
Detection of toxin(s) other than cholera toxin in environmental non O1non O139 Vibrio cholera
Books: chapter written
A pharmaceutical book in Bangla language -Shadharan Woushud Biggan- Published by Bangladesh Pharmacy Council, 1st edition, 1994. P 199-231.
Written a chapter of Bangladesh National Formulary (BDNF), 2003, Published by Directorate of Drug Administration, 2nd ed p.602-609
10 years of Excellence in Pharmacy Education at the University of Asia Pacific. Published by The Pharma World, March-April 2007.